Utility Detection & Service Mapping
Utility Detection & Service Mapping from IKM’s team of surveying and 3D Laser Scanning specialists will ensure staff and third party contractors have sufficient information on the location of utility services located on site.
By undertaking a utility detection survey utilising ground penetrating radar (GPR), we’ll be able to detect and verify any known or uncharted underground services.
IKM will provide high-quality colour drawings showing the detected utilities along with the main topographic and surface features. We offer a full range of bespoke GPR & utility detection surveys to your desired specification or industry accredited standard. Surveys are conducted to either PAS 128 or TSA standards.
IKM use the latest generation of dual-frequency Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) and Electromagnetic equipment to locate and trace any known or uncharted underground utilities and buried services. IKM use a robotic total station to survey the line and location of the identified utility services from ground level providing rapid and accurate data capture.
The located utilities and buried services can be marked up on site or provided as a CAD drawing superimposed with the topographical survey information. Our utility surveys can be related to a specific site grid or can be related to the Ordnance Survey Datum and Grid by the use of Global Positioning System (GPS) equipment. All drawings can be provided as a hard copy (paper) or AutoCAD DWG/DXF.
Why is it important?
Utility detection surveys help with:
- Health and Safety guidance. The UK recommends that checks for underground services are carried out prior to undertaking any ground works.
- Client obligations under the CDM Regulations and the Health and Safety at Work Act to ensure the safety of any operatives and the public.
- Identification of underground services at the planning stage. This helps to avoid re-routing of services at an early stage and certainly prior to construction.
- Avoiding damage to services and any potentially costly claims.
- Delays to the construction works and the likely costs.
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
HAVE A QUESTION?
Want to check out our other services?